Collection Agency Complaints Hotline
Just because you are late paying your bills, does not mean collection agencies can harass you or treat you unprofessionally. If your rights have been violated, you don’t have to tolerate it. With one call, consumers are filing debt collection complaints, and making them stop. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act clearly defines unacceptable behavior, so if you’ve heard from bad collectors, you can report them right here.
Here are the most common collection complaints. If a collector has behaved like this, you could be owed up to $1000.
- Calling repeatedly or continuously
- Demanding larger payments than permitted by law
- Repeated calling of friends, relatives or co-workers to find the consumer
- Use of obscene, profane or abusive language
- Falsely threatening to file suit or take other actions they do not intend to take
- Improperly calling consumers’ jobs
- Ignoring written notices to cease communication
- Telling others about alleged debts
- Failure to provide notice of debts
- Falsely threatening to arrest consumers or seize property
- Failure to verify disputed debts
- Demanding interest, fees and expenses that were not owed
- Calling before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Using or threatening to use violence
Source: U.S. Federal Trade Commission
Collection Agency Complaints Hotline 888-752-3028
When you call the hotline, you’ll connect with an expert for consumer rights regarding the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Describe to them the type of collector you are dealing with, along with the behavior you find offensive. There is no charge to call the Debt Collection Complaints Hotline. Let’s reign in this type of behavior. Fight Back!
Did you know?
If you file a complaint against a collection agency, the word goes out to many other collection agencies. The other agencies will scrub your name from future collection activity. It’s true. File one complaint, and never be pestered again.
Are you being contacted by any of these collection agencies? They have received complaints over the years.
(in alphabetical order)
Absolute Collection Corp
Account Liquidation Services, Inc.
Allied Collection Services, Inc. (Nevada)
AmeriFinancial Solutions, LLC
Asset Recovery Solutions, LLC
BCA Financial Services, Inc.
Eastpoint Recovery Group, Inc.
Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC
Firstsource Advantage, LLC
GLA Collection Company, Inc.
Kohl’s Credit 262-704-8208
LVNV Funding, LLC
Mercantile Adjustment Bureau LLC
Midland Credit Management, Inc.
Northland Group, Inc.
PDQ Services, Inc.
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC 630-256-8591
Phillips & Cohen Associates Ltd
Professional Debt Mediation, Inc.
Progressive Management Systems
Renton Collections, Inc.
Rozlin Financial Group, Inc.
Scott, Parnell & Associates, P.C.
Simon’s Agency, Inc
Transworld Systems Inc 855-245-7098
Victoria Secret Credit Card
Additional valid phone numbers for the Collection Complaint Hotline include: 888-732-7257, 888-307-4870, 888-317-5877, 888-378-9461, 888-447-1299, 888-535-1556, 888-667-5718, 888-694-5077, 888-711-5183, 888-725-8935, 888-770-7312.